Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2008.02.27 Man's evil, God flips for His good! Num 22-24

Num 24:10 And Balak's anger was kindled against Balaam, and he struck his hands together. And Balak said to Balaam, "I called you to curse my enemies, and behold, you have blessed them these three times.

God used Balak's intention for evil for blessing! No matter how great Balak's intention was and how much he tried. God used the opportunity for His continued blessing upon His blessed people. Balak just did not get it. I love Balaam's discourse that nothing can influence me on this earth, it is only God that I must fulfill and obey.

We don't know much about Balaam, but He follows the Lord. Balaam knows where his gift comes from. He can only do what God tells him to do.

This makes me think of the oppression that we feel that is so oppressive over the Eugene area. Like it is this power that is too oppressive and we cannot shake it. I believe that's bull. Like God cannot navigate His way through it. God is all powerfull and even if someone has evil intentions, God can flip it for His good. We are His people and He can protect us and even more than that He can flip the enemies curses in this town and bless us even greater. We don't have to live under oppression it can have no hold over us. God's power is greater. He is our God, all powerfull. No kingdom can stand against Him. He is all in all and we are His people. We are not meant to live in fear but under His perfect love that cast out every fear.

God I ask that I would live under this truth and not under the lies and deception that Eugene is Godless. This is not true and this is not real. Father we trust you for every truth and every prompting for they are all from you. Let my actions be that of Balaam that I would only be able to do what you command. Nothing more nothing less. Amen.

No comments: