Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2008.02.26. Smite Them! Ps. 28.4

Psa 28:4 Give to them according to their work and according to the evil of their deeds; give to them according to the work of their hands; render them their due reward.

This is our heart our response to evil people (our enemies) So much of where we live is in this aspect of uncompassion of give them what they deserve. The same perspective of that of Jonah. He just wanted the people of Nineveh to be smited from the face of the earth. Yet it is so simple to see the fact that God could smite us, for we are evil, we are not worthy of His mercy. And yet in His graciousness we are blind because we want others to receive condemnation.

Father I pray that you would help me to remember your perspective and your truth. That I would remember the grace that you extended unto me and in turn I would extend forgiveness to those who don't deserve it so that they would be able to experience your love and truth through me. Change me unto your ways for your glory. Amen.

No comments: