Tuesday, February 05, 2008

2008.02.05 First things first. Acts 12.5

Act 12:5 So Peter was kept in prison, but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church.

It is not clear what the church prayed for. It is assumed that they prayed for Peter's release, according to the outcome. But the fact that they earnestly prayed for him, makes it seems like it was just habitual. If there was a problem, they didn't fight the power, they prayed. They went to God, the one who had the power to help. They didn't turn inward they turned upward.

I love the fact that it says that prayer was made by the church. It wasn't made by individuals, but the collective body of believers. How powerful. I wonder if the spread of Christianity was most accomplished through the prayers of the church rather than the actual people who went to tell others. There are no unimportant people, it was all necessary ofcourse, but I believe the first mode of action was prayer that instigated it all.

Father, help me to operate under your M.O. Help me to first come to you for every situation. And help me to join the body in prayer. I feel as if I am a lone ranger, but help me to join with the entire body to pray for your will to come about on this earth. Amen.

No comments: