Saturday, March 01, 2008

2008.03.01. It's all His. Num 28.2

Num 28:2 "Command the people of Israel and say to them, 'My offering, my food for my food offerings, my pleasing aroma, you shall be careful to offer to me at its appointed time.'

An interesting distinction. It could be very easy to say to God, here is what I am giving you. These things that are mine, I now give back to you. But God is saying, this is mine, my offering, my food, my pleasing aroma, according to my ways. The offering is already His. There is no question about it. This even gives a greater picture or understanding to the fact of stealing from God. Because in fact it originated from Him, our ability and our worth to be able to give anything to Him.

This was the covenant that was made with the people of Israel. If you enter this land and give to me according to what I have told you, you will receive blessings. But if you don't you will receive the curses.

So what for me? This is still relevant for me, that everything is unto God. I can choose to disobey and hold back from God. Or I can hold up to Him and honor and obey with what I have. Not under condemnation, but out of reverence and love.

Dear Father help me live unto you. Help me to see life from your perspective. That I may not lose sight of the fact that you have given everything and it is only that fact that I can give back to you because of the work of your son Jesus Christ on my behalf. Would I praise you and trust you in all my ways for your glory. Amen.

No comments: