Wednesday, August 08, 2007

2006.11 God's faithfulness

He answers our prayers.

We have seen an explosion of God working on our campus. Last year we spent hours praying for God to move at UofO. A new residence hall was built called the Living Learning Center. Last year it was an inconvenience to walk around the construction area and to not know what was going on. We prayed for those that would move into these halls and for them to respond and hear His truths. We praise the Lord because many students are hearing the message of Christ. In a hypersensitive collegiate culture we must be careful in how we approach people to share the message of Christ. Even so, many have responded to meeting with us and have wanted to hear His story. We praise God for the many opportunities to testify of Christ. So far we have seen 6 people place their trust in Christ and we are waiting for more.

He answers Peter’s prayers.

I had been sick the previous day and I was not feeling like myself. I did however get some rest and the next morning I recalled a verse, Isaiah 40:31. “Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings as eagles.” I came on campus and arrived at the bottom of the student union. I started to contact people to get together for discipleship appointments when Peter approached me and started to talk with me about his sociology class and its difficulty. We continued to talk and he shared about his spiritual background and the hurt of his parents’ divorce. I shared with him the hope of the Heavenly Father and how he never leaves us and never forsakes us. Peter had gone to a church growing up but he never understood that he could be in a relationship with God. He often prayed that he would be close to God but didn’t know how. Upon explaining Christ’s saving message Peter received him then and there. It was awesome to see God work despite my sickness. As we continue to go over the foundations of Christianity, pray that Peter would understand his worth in Christ alone.

No comments: