Tuesday, September 09, 2008

2008.09.09. The heart to know Him is given by Him? Jer. 24.7.

Jer 24:7 I will give them a heart to know that I am the LORD, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.

This doesn't make sense that God would give them a heart to know Him. But it's a weird way the Lord works. As we seek to obey Him, He uses that to draw us closer and closer toward Him. As we seek the Lord and obey him we begin to know the heart of God and He increases in us. I guess it's not much different than yesterday in how as we do the will of the Father, by taking care of the helpless we grow in knowing Him. Because that is what He is about and as we do the things that are like Him we begin to know Him closer.

Teach me your ways dear Father that I would live in obedience toward your heart and that my own heart would grow to know you more. Amen.

1 comment:

drh said...

Hey...I found your blog today. Just wanted to say hello. Hope you are doing well.