Thursday, October 20, 2016

Increasing Territory

Recently I was invited to be the speaker for a Cru retreat in another part of Washington. After my first night of speaking to a group of students, we started to share scary stories around a campfire. One new believer said that he had a true story to share.  He talked about how he had been visited by a demonic presence that kept him from making sounds or moving, or even fully waking up.  Unbelievably, the other students in the group had all had the same thing happen or knew of this happening.  It was something they had just gotten used to.  None of them felt like they had any ability to combat the power of Satan.   God allowed me to adjust one of my talks to address the spiritual weapons that God gives us to fight back against the enemy’s lies about ourselves and our view of God.  It was powerful to be able to equip these students (many who were new believers) with the ability to fight back.  I am astounded when I consider the lives and families that will change as a result of engaging the battle. Pray that they would be able to do this in the power of His Spirit.

In addition to caring for the students and staff at the retreat, I have had an incredible time influencing and caring for the staff at Washington State University.   This has not been something that I have pursued or thought that I would be doing, but I have been really challenged to think outside of our UW campus and use shepherding skills to minister to Cru staff regionally.  I have had some chances to do this recently, and I can see how God is at work through me.  As we have always thought about how we can send students to other regions of the world, it makes sense that because of God’s heart for every campus, every part of the U.S., every corner of the globe, He will continue to give us the desire to influence and care for those God has entrusted to us.  

It is humbling and powerful to  know that our ministry goes  beyond where we live. Yours does  too. Having the ability to care for  students/faculty/staff/volunteers  outside of the Seattle area is an amazing gift.  Thank you for  playing such an incredible role by  investing in the kingdom. 

No comments: